In 2017 the Energy Efficiency Council (EEC), Australia's peak body for energy efficiency, cogeneration and demand management, will deliver the National Energy Efficiency Conference 2017 over two days in November.
Where: Pullman & Mercure Melbourne Albert Park
When: Monday 20 & Tuesday 21 November 2017
Now in its ninth year, the National Energy Efficiency Conference has built an outstanding reputation as Australia’s flagship event for energy efficiency, distributed generation and demand management.
The Conference will bring together Australia’s foremost energy efficiency experts, forward-thinking policy makers, innovative energy users, political leaders and industry trailblazers to network, debate and analyse the latest thinking on boosting productivity by saving energy.
Over the last twelve months, concerns around the reliability, sustainability and affordability of our energy system have put energy on front pages across the nation. As policymakers grapple with the long term challenge on the supply side, governments and energy users are turning to the cost effective solutions that exist behind the meter – energy efficiency, demand management and distributed generation.
The theme for 2017 – Security. Affordability. Productivity. – underlines the crucial role demand side measures play in guaranteeing energy security and keeping energy affordable.
Attendance at the Conference has been increasing steadily over time; in 2016, we smashed all records, welcoming over 400 delegates through our doors, and we expect very similar numbers in 2017.
Click here to view the National Energy Efficiency Conference program.
Join us to discuss...
- The role of energy efficiency and demand management in solving Australia’s energy crisis
- How ambitious energy productivity improvements can help solve Australia’s gas crisis and set Australian manufacturers up for the 21st century
- The unprecedented change underway in the structure and regulation of Australia’s electricity system
- How consumers actually make decisions, and how to design better energy markets and more compelling energy efficiency products and services
- The smart controls revolution and how it will revolutionise energy efficiency beyond the hype.
Plenary speakers include...
- The Hon Josh Frydenberg MP, Federal Minister for Environment and Energy
- The Hon Mark Butler MP, Federal Shadow Minister for Climate Change and Energy
- Andrew McAllister, Californian Energy Commissioner, California Energy Commission
- Chloe Munro, Former Chair, Clean Energy Regulator and Panel Member, Independent "Finkel" Review of the NEM
- Vikas Ahuja, Head of Energy, Coles
- Rosemary Sinclair, Chief Executive Officer, Energy Consumers Australia
- Professor John Thwaites, Chair, Monash Sustainable Development Institute and ClimateWorks Australia
- Professor Rebekah Russell-Bennett, School of Advertising, Marketing and Public Relations, Queensland University of Technology
- Dr Phil Blythe, Chief Executive Officer, GreenSync
- Frank Tudor, Chief Executive Officer, Horizon Power
- Dr Larissa Nicholls, Research Fellow – Beyond Behaviour Change Research Program, RMIT University
- Violette Mouchaileh, Group Manager - Market Enhancements, AEMO
Click here to register for the National Energy Efficiency Conference 2017
Early Bird rates are now closed.
Fees above do not include Australian Goods and Services Tax (GST). Please add 10% GST for the total amount payable. When registering the amounts shown are exclusive of GST. The GST is calculated at the end of the process, on the payment page.
The Conference venue Pullman & Mercure Melbourne Albert Park have a range of accommodation options available to suit most budgets.
Click here to view accommodation options and pricing.
Whether you’re looking to showcase a new product, debate a big idea, connect with decision makers or to simply demonstrate your commitment to Australia’s energy efficiency sector, we have a range of sponsorship and exhibition packages to meet your objectives, whatever your budget.
As a sponsor or exhibitor, you can be sure your business will be at the heart of the action. We work closely with all our partners to understand your goals and maximise the return on your investment. Take a look at the options on offer here and feel free to call us to discuss a package that meets your needs.
To book your package now, complete the sponsorship form or contact Daniela Vrljic, Executive, Events & Communications at email@example.com or call 03 8327 8425.
We extend warm thanks to all of our sponsors whose generous support makes the National Energy Efficiency Conference 2017 possible.
Networking Drinks Sponsor
The National Energy Efficiency Conference has grown to be one of Australia's most dynamic and high quality energy sector conferences.
The series began as the Energy Efficiency Council National Conference, with the inaugural event taking place in Melbourne in 2009. It was relaunched as the National Energy Efficience Conference in 2014 and continues to provide a key opportunity for efficiency experts, policy makers and energy users to come together to discuss the big issues facing the sector in Australia.
National Energy Efficiency Conference 2016
The National Energy Efficiency Conference 2016 was held at Australian Technology Park on the Park on 15-16 November 2016. Click here to read more.
National Energy Efficiency Conference 2015
The National Energy Efficiency Conference 2015 was held at Pullman Melbourne on the Park on 17-18 November 2015. Click here to read more.
National Energy Efficiency Conference 2014
The National Energy Efficiency Conference 2014 was held at Swissotel Sydney on 11-12 November 2014. Click here to read more.
Energy Efficiency Council National Conference 2013
The Energy Efficiency Council's 5th National Conference was held at Rydges Melbourne on 3 - 4 December 2013. Click here to read more.
Energy Efficiency Council National Conference 2012
The Energy Efficiency Council's 4th National Conference was held in Sydney on 5-6 December 2012. Click here to read more.
Energy Efficiency Council National Conference 2011
The Energy Efficiency Council's 3rd National Conference was held at Hiton on the Park, Melbourne on 17 November 2011. Click here to read more.
Energy Efficiency Council National Conference 2010
The Energy Efficiency Council National Conference 2010 took place on 2 December at Sydney Masonic Centre. Click here to read more.
Energy Efficiency Council National Conference 2009
The inaugural EEC National Conference took place on 12 November 2009 at Rydges Melbourne. Click here to read more.