Energy Measurement & Metering
Do you measure energy as part of energy auditing or measurement & verification? Then this course is for you. Gain hands on understanding of meter selection, installation, callibration and data collection across a number of meter types in this one day work shop developed exclusively for the Energy Efficiency Council.
Melbourne, 16 October 2017
Sydney, 5 December 2017
Expressions of Interest
Want to be notified of upcoming sessions? Would you like to see this program in your city? Click below to register your interest.
About Energy Measurement & Metering
This one day, “touch and feel” training electricity, gas, flow and thermal metering and measurement. Participants will get to examine and inspect meters as part of the training.
The course provides introductory guidance on meter selection, installation, calibration and data collection and validation. Meter accuracy will be discussed, along with techniques for reducing the costs of measurements, and developing a metering plan in line with your customers budget.
On completion of the course participants will:
- Be able to develop a metering plan
- Have inspected meters for electricity, gas, flow and thermal metering and measurement.
- For each type of measurement (electrical energy, gas energy, flow, temperature) be aware of safety requirements for meter installation, operation and removal.
- For each type of measurement (electrical energy, gas energy, flow, temperature) understand calibration requirements and issues around meter accuracy.
- Be familiar with the application and limitations of range of meter types.
- Be able to manipulate raw data files to obtain useful data.
CONTINUING PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
This program offers CPD points toward the following certifications and accreditiations:
- Certified Measurement & Verification Professional, 1.4 Credits.
- Energy Efficiency Certification Scheme, Assessment Area 2.
Includes training session, training materials, lunch and refreshments.
EEC Member fee
Current EEC members receive significant discounts on rates, but your membership must be up to date to receive the discounted rate.
Cancellations received 30 days prior to the training will be accepted and fees refunded less a 50% cancellation fee. Cancellations made on/after 30 days prior to the training cannot be accepted. Registrations are non-transferable. Refunds will not be available if you choose not to attend the training course. Cancellation requests must be recieved in writing and can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Energy Efficiency Council reserves the right to cancel any program at its deiscretion. In the event that the Energy Efficiency Council cancels a program, registrants will be given the option of transferring to the next available program dates or being provided with a full refund of the registration fees.