Advanced M&V - Applied Measurement & Verification Workshop
The Energy Efficiency Council delivers a professional development and education opportunity for Certified Measurement & Verification Professionals.
Register now for these upcoming programs
EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
Want to be notified of upcoming sessions? Would you like to see this program in your city? Click below to register your interest.
About the Workshop
Presented in partnership with the Efficiency Valuation Organisation (EVO), the two day Applied Measurement & Verification workshop gives measurement and verification (M&V) practitioners deeper exposure to the concepts, theory, mathematical analysis and tools to perform effective M&V.
The workshop is practical and hands-on, using spreadsheets and software to calculate savings on both sample and real life projects.
Small class sizes give participants the opportunity to focus on using their own real world examples to better understand the trade offs in creating and executing IPMVP Option A, B and C M&V plans.
The workshop is delivered by international trainer Steve Kromer. Steve is an energy efficiency consultant, focusing on energy savings verification (Program Evaluation and M&V) and energy efficiency data management systems. Steve holds a B.S. in Mechanical Engineering from Virginia Tech (1983). He was a senior engineer at the Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory (where he is currently a guest researcher) and a director at Enron Energy Services. Steve is the treasurer of the Efficiency Valuation Organization (EVO) and is the current Chairman of the Certified M&V Professional (CMVP) committee.
Participants will leave the workshop with:
- a broad awareness of the state of the art in energy modeling for IPMVP Option A/B/C M&V applications.
- an understanding of various business and regulatory mechanisms requiring M&V
- knowledge on where to go for the latest research on M&V theory and methods
- the ability to perform simple regression analysis in Excel
- the ability to load and run advanced M&V analysis in ECAM (Excel add-in) and UT3 (executable software)
- the ability to apply the above analysis outputs to a real-world M&V situation
CONTINUING PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
This program offers CPD points toward the following certifications and accreditiations:
- Certified Measurement & Verification Professional, 2.8 Credits.
- Energy Efficiency Certification Scheme, Assessment Area 3.
To participate in the workshop, participants must:
- Be a current CMVP or CMVP-IT
- Have basic Excel skills
- Have field experience with M&V
- Be able to bring with them to class an M&V plan for review and analysis.
Includes training session, training materials, lunch and refreshments.
All prices are stated in Australian dollars. Payments by credit card attract a credit card surcharge of 2.4% plus GST.
Current EEC members receive significant discounts on rates, but your membership must be up to date to receive the discounted rate.
Cancellations received 30 days prior to the training will be accepted and fees refunded less a 50% cancellation fee. Cancellations made on/after 30 days prior to the training cannot be accepted. Registrations are non-transferable. Refunds will not be available if you choose not to attend the training course. Cancellation requests must be recieved in writing and can be sent to email@example.com
The Energy Efficiency Council reserves the right to cancel any program at its deiscretion. In the event that the Energy Efficiency Council cancels a program, registrants will be given the option of transferring to the next available program dates or being provided with a full refund of the registration fees.
In collaboration with: