Thank you for visiting the Energy Efficiency Council website.
Website Terms & Conditions
1. About this website
The owner of this website www.eec.org.au (“the website”) is Energy Efficiency Council Inc. (“ The EEC”), ABN 136 469 291.
3. Your access/use implies agreement
4. Modifications to the Terms
5. Modifications to the information
The EEC does not warrant the accuracy, adequacy or completeness of material on this website. All information may be changed, supplemented, deleted or updated without notice at the sole discretion of The EEC.
6. Errors and problems
The EEC does not guarantee that the website will be free from viruses, or that access to the website will be uninterrupted.
7. License and Ownership
The copyright for the content on this website is owned or licensed by The EEC and is protected under the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth) and by other copyright laws in both Australia and other countries. No material on this website may be reproduced, adapted, uploaded to a third party, linked to, framed, performed in public, distributed or transmitted in any form by any process without the specific written consent of the EEC.
All custom graphics, icons, and other items that appear on the website and all associated trademarks, are trademarks of The EEC.
9. Feedback, suggestions, comments or requests
Comments and feedback on the website may be made to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you do make comments, you acknowledge that: they will not be considered confidential or proprietary, and The EEC is under no obligation to keep such information confidential, and The EEC will have an unrestricted, irrevocable, world-wide, royalty free right to use, communicate, reproduce, publish, display, distribute and exploit such comments in any manner it chooses.
10. Outbound links
The website contains links to third-party websites and resources (“linked sites”). These linked sites are provided solely as a convenience to you and not as an endorsement by The EEC. The EEC makes no representations or warranties regarding the availability, correctness, accuracy, performance or quality of the linked site or any content, software, service or application found at any linked site. The EEC may receive payments and/or commissions from operators of linked sites in relation to goods or services supplied by the operator as a result of you linking to the third party website from the The EEC website.
11. Inbound links
The EEC generally encourages and agrees to your linking to the Home page through a plain text link on your website without the need for agreement between yourself and The EEC. However, linking to any other page of the website is strictly prohibited without express written permission from The EEC.
The website is provided for use by Australian and International residents. The law applicable to use of the website and to disputes arising out of the website the law of state of Victoria, Australia.
13. Disclaimer of Warranties
The EEC makes no representations or warranties about the accuracy, completeness, security or timeliness of the content, information or services provided by the website and disclaims all warranties, either express or implied, statutory or otherwise, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability, non-infringement of third parties' rights, and fitness for a particular purpose.
14. Limitation of Liability
If The EEC is found responsible for any damages, The EEC is responsible for actual damages only. In no event shall The EEC be liable for any incidental, indirect, exemplary, punitive and/or consequential damages, lost profits, or damages resulting from lost data or business interruption resulting from the use of or inability to use the website.
2. What we do with your personally identifiable information
It is always up to you whether to disclose personally identifiable information to The EEC, although if you elect not to do so, we reserve the right not to register you as a user or provide you with any products or services. “Personally identifiable information” means information that can be used to identify you as an individual, such as, for example:
- your name, company, email address, phone number, billing address, and shipping address
- your EEC user ID and password
- credit card information
- any account-preference information you provide us
- your computer’s domain name and IP address, indicating where your computer is located on the Internet
- session data for your login session, so that our computer can ‘talk’ to yours while you are logged in
If you do provide personally identifiable information to The EEC, either directly or through a reseller or other business partner, we will:
- not sell or rent it to a third party without your permission — although unless you opt out (see below), we may use your contact information to provide you with information we believe you need to know or may find useful, such as (for example) news about our services and products and modifications to the Terms of Service;
- take commercially reasonable precautions to protect the information from loss, misuse and unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration and destruction;
- not use or disclose the information except:
- - as necessary to provide services or products you have ordered, such as (for example) by providing it to a carrier to deliver products you have ordered;
- - in the aggregate with other information in such a way so that your identity cannot reasonably be determined (for example, statistical compilations);
- - as required by law, for example, in response to a subpoena or search warrant;
- - to outside auditors who have agreed to keep the information confidential;
- - as necessary to enforce the Terms of Service;
- - as necessary to protect the rights, safety, or property of The EEC, its users, or others; this may include (for example) exchanging information with other organisations for fraud protection and/or risk reduction.
3. Other information we collect
We may collect other information that cannot be readily used to identify you, such as (for example) the domain name and IP address of your computer. We may use this information, individually or in the aggregate, for technical administration of our website(s); research and development; customer- and account administration; and to help us focus our marketing efforts more precisely.
The EEC uses “cookies” to store personal data on your computer. We may also link information stored on your computer in cookies with personal data about specific individuals stored on our servers. If you set up your Web browser (for example, Internet Explorer or Firefox) so that cookies are not allowed, you might not be able to use some or all of the features of our website(s).
5. External data storage sites
We may store your data on servers provided by third party hosting vendors with whom we have contracted.
6. Your privacy responsibilities
To help protect your privacy, be sure:
- not to share your user ID or password with anyone else;
- to log off the Energy Efficiency Council website when you are finished;
- to take customary precautions to guard against “malware” (viruses, Trojan horses, bots, etc.), for example by installing and updating suitable anti-virus software.
7. Security of information
The EEC has implemented various physical, electronic and managerial security procedures in order to protect personal information from loss and misuse, and from unauthorised access, modification, disclosure and interference. The EEC regularly reviews security and encryption technologies and will strive to protect your personal information as fully as we protect our own confidential information.
The online booking facilities of our third party providers (SecurePay) utilise Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption to ensure the security of all online booking transactions. SSL encryption is automatically enabled whenever the user submits confidential information to us via the Internet.
8. Access to and correction of personal information
Subject to any exceptions set out in applicable privacy laws, we invite you to access any personal information we may hold about you. Where personal information we hold about you is not accurate, complete, up-to-date or relevant, you may ask us to correct that personal information, and we will respond to your request within a reasonable time. We reserve the right to confirm the identity of the person seeking access or correction to personal information before complying with such a request. If we deny access or correction, we will provide you with the reason for such denial. If you wish to access or seek correction of any personal information we hold about you, please refer to the Questions or Comments section below.
You must always provide accurate information and you agree to update it whenever necessary. You also agree that, in the absence of any update, we can assume that the information submitted to us is correct.
Should you no longer wish to receive e-newsletters or other promotional material, participate in market research or receive other types of communication from us, please refer to the Questions or Comments section below
11. Questions or comments