New Application Subsidies for Energy Efficiency Certification Scheme 05 November 2015
The EEC today announced that new subsidies for professional certification under the Energy Efficiency Certification Scheme are now available thanks to a partnership with the NSW Office of Environment & Heritage (OEH).
OEH is seeking to drive uptake of certification to boost the number of certified professionals in NSW. A limited number of subsidies of $1210 (inc. GST) will be provided to NSW based candidates. With the subsidy, application fees for certification are:
- Certified Energy Efficiency Specialist - $770 (inc. GST)
- Certified Energy Efficiency Leader - $990 (inc. GST)
OEH have indicated that it is supporting the Scheme in an effort to:
- Boost the number of certified professionals working in companies providing EPC services to the NSW Government
- Increase the availability of certified professionals to commercial buildings owners and managers across NSW
David Malicki, Senior Team Leader, Energy Efficient Business said ‘Having a certified professional lead an upgrade of a commercial building increases client confidence. That’s why OEH is supporting applications from NSW-based energy efficiency professionals. More certified professionals means more projects getting across the line in business and government – and that means better energy efficiency outcomes for NSW.'
About the Scheme
The Energy Efficiency Certification Scheme is Australia’s only professional certification for individuals that lead and manage comprehensive energy retrofits of commercial buildings.
Certified professionals are listed on a public register on the Scheme website that can be accessed by commercial and Government customers looking to upgrade the energy performance of a commercial building. Professionals certified under the Scheme enjoy:
- A competitive business advantage by giving potential clients complete confidence in their skills and experience
- Independent recognition of their knowledge, expertise and skills and an effective professional development opportunity
- Being part of a community working to improve standards and practices in the delivery of energy retrofit projects
Applications for the next round of certification will open on 30 November. If you or a colleague are interested in applying for certification, click here to register your interest. If you have any questions, please contact Karla Paeglis, Coordinator, Sector Development at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 03 8327 8423.