Australian Technologies Competition 2017 31 March 2017
The EEC is once again Supporting Partner of the Australian Technologies Competition, which is now in its seventh year and has established itself as Australia's premier technology accelerator.
The Australian Technologies Competition identifies, mentors and profiles Australia’s leading technologies with ‘global potential’. The Competition provides mentoring for our innovative SMEs and awards those who are best positioned to become global success stories.
Over the last six years, the Competition has generated over $250 million dollars in investment and project opportunities for Australian SMEs. It has attracted over 850 entries and 164 companies have so far benefitted from the mentoring program.
The Competition is much more than just another awards ceremony. The Top 30 companies win entry to an intensive Business Accelerator Program which provides access to expert mentors and connections to investors, customers, specialist advisors, grant programs and international markets.
Previous Winners of the coveted Technology Company of the Year award have been:
- 2016 Winner – Independent Products - Improving air conditioner energy usage
- 2015 Winner – Calix – plant spray replacing toxic pesticides & enhancing productivity.
- 2014 Winner – Targ Safelash – high efficiency and safe container lashing for ships.
- 2013 Winner – BluGlass – low cost, high quality LED manufacturing equipment.
- 2012 Winner – Enlighten Australia – smart, energy saving lighting solutions.
- 2011 Winner – SMAC Technologies – energy efficient, retrofit air-conditioning solution.
In 2017, the Competition is again collaborating with the Australian Government’s Industry Growth Centres to help focus the benefits towards Australia’s priority sectors and deliver growth to companies across sectors including oil & gas, mining, agriculture, manufacturing, agriculture, medtech, biotech and cyber security.
In addition, the Competition retains its links to its environmental origins through the, Smart Cities and New Energy Awards.
The 2017 Award Categories are:
- Advanced Manufacturing Award
- Cyber Security Award
- Energy Resources Award
- Food and Agribusiness Award
- Medtech & Pharma Award
- Mining Technologies Award
- New Energy Award
- Smart Cities Award
Following the accelerator program, the best companies will be recognised at Showcase events in Melbourne as part of the All Energy conference on Wednesday 11 October and in Sydney on Thursday 9 November. Both events will feature a unique investor speed-dating event to help fund company growth.
The year will conclude with a trade mission to access Asian markets that is supported by the Government of Hong Kong.
For further information on how you can participate in the Australian Technologies Competition visit www.austechcomp.com