Professional development & certification
As Australia’s leading body for energy efficiency, cogeneration and demand management, the Energy Efficiency Council plays a key role in providing training, education and professional development opportunities for EEC members and the broader energy efficiency industry.
Current programs the Council delivers focus on Measurement and Verification (M&V) through the Efficiency Valuation Organization’s ‘Certified Measurement & Verification Professional’ (CMVP) program of training and exams and professional accreditation of individuals who specialise in leading Integrated Energy Building Retrofits (IBERs) through the Energy Efficiency Certification Scheme.
A number of additional training programs and opportunities are currently under development and will be announced later this year.
MEASUREMENT & VERIFICATION TRAINING PROGRAMS
The Energy Efficiency Council works in collaboration with the Efficiency Valuation Organization (EVO®) and the US Association of Energy Engineers (AEE) to deliver a number of Measurement & Verification training programs and workshops in Australia.
The verification of energy savings is an important aspect of energy management initiatives, and has a direct impact on project financing, greenhouse gas emission credit trading, and energy performance contracting. The most widely accepted protocol worldwide for savings verification is the International Performance Measurement & Verification Protocol (IPMVP).
ABOUT THE EVO
The EVO is an international non-profit organisation that offers products and services which aid in:
- The measurement and verification (M&V) of energy and water savings resulting from energy/water efficiency projects
- Financial risk management of energy savings performance contracts
- Quantifying carbon emissions reductions from energy efficiency projects
- Promoting sustainable and green construction through cost-effective and accurate accounting of energy and water savings
EVO provides training workshops for M&V professionals in order to raise the standards in M&V. Using its international expertise, the organisation develops special workshops and training programs tailored to the needs of specific regions.
Starting in the 1990s, standardised approaches to energy efficiency M&V were developed to assist developers, owners and financiers of projects. Today, the EVO- owned International Performance Measurement and Verification Protocol (IPMVP®) is the leading international standard in M&V protocols. IPMVP has been translated into 15 languages and is used in more than 100 countries. It is now typically cited as the basis for federal, state and utility M&V protocols.
The EEC, in partnership with EVO, currently delivers two M&V training programs a number of times each year. Please click through the program title for more information on each offering.
The CMVP program consists of a 2.5 day Measurement & Verification Fundamentals workshop, designed to introduce M&V practitioners to the application of the IPMVP. The workshop is follwed by a 4 hour examination for those who wich to achieve CMVP status.
The Applied Measurement & Verification Workshop is available to CMVPs who wish to deepen their exposure to the concepts, theory, mathematical analysis and tools available to perform effective M&V.
EEC Professional Certifications
EEC Professional Certifications is an umbrella certification framework under which multiple professional certifications sit, including:
- Certified Emissions Reduction Leader for Commercial Buildings to project manage integrated building energy retrofits that slash energy bills and emissions;
- Certified EnMS Advisor to effectively engage and influence large energy using businesses to set up energy management systems (EnMS) that enable them to realise continuous improvement in energy performance and emissions reductions; and
- Certified Insulation Installer to support households with lowering heating and cooling bills whilst ensuring improved health and comfort outcomes are realised by safely and effectively installing insulation.
EEC Professional Certifications is delivered under the supervision of an expert Steering Committee and administered by the Energy Efficiency Council, Australia’s peak body for energy management, energy efficiency and demand flexibility. It demonstrates the EEC’s ongoing commitment to developing the future energy workforce for Australia.