OUTCOME OF 2019 BOARD ELECTIONS: Meet the Energy Efficiency Council's new Board 29 November 2019
PICTURED ABOVE (L-R): ROSS THOMPSON, BRUCE EASTON, DR. MARY STEWART, PROFESSOR TONY ARNEL, MERRILY HUNTER, JOHN HUGGART AND PAUL LANG. NOT PICTURED: SARA GIPTON.
The Energy Efficiency Council has a new Board, including three new Board members!
On Monday 25 November, the Energy Efficiency Council held a full board election at its 2019 Annual General Meeting.
Three Board members were elected for the first time:
- Merrily Hunter, CEO, MAC Energy Efficiency Group;
- Paul Lang, Business Development Manager, Efficiency and Demand Solutions, Schneider Electric; and
- Ross Thomson, Executive General Manager, Siemens.
Merrily will bring invaluable skills, including her experience in training, compliance auditing, on-site inspections and consulting. Ross and Paul had both been recently appointed to fill vacancies on the Board, and their election cements the wealth of senior experience in business and energy management that they bring to the Council.
All board members that stood for re-election were also elected, including:
- Professor Tony Arnel, Global Director Sustainability, NDY;
- Bruce Easton, CEO, Ecovantage;
- Sara Gipton, Business Development and Special Projects Manager, PF Olsen (Energy Efficiency Council Treasurer);
- John Huggart, CEO, Energy Action; and
- Dr Mary Stewart, CEO, Energetics.
Craig Morgan (Northmore Gordon) and Professor Cheryl Desha (Griffith University) did not stand for re-election.
The Council's President, Professor Tony Arnel, thanked them for their service over many years to the Energy Efficiency Council.