In 2018 the Energy Efficiency Council (EEC), Australia's peak body for energy efficiency, energy management and demand response delivered the 10th National Energy Efficiency Conference in Sydney. Over the course of a decade, the Conference has built an outstanding reputation as Australia’s flagship event for energy efficiency, distributed generation and demand response.
This year’s Conference had a truly global perspective: the Conference was once again delivered in collaboration with the International Energy Agency’s Energy in Buildings and Communities Programme. As one of the IEA’s international technology collaboration programmes, the EBC carries out research and development focusing on the integration of energy efficient and sustainable technologies into healthy buildings and communities.
The 2018 Conference brought together over 300 of Australia’s foremost energy efficiency experts, forward-thinking policy makers, innovative energy users, political leaders and industry trailblazers to network, debate and analyse the latest thinking on boosting productivity by saving energy.
The theme for 2018 – Better cities, stronger industry, cheaper energy – reflects energy management's growing role in making cities liveable, manufacturing viable and energy affordable.
Where: Sofitel Sydney Wentworth
When: Monday 19 and Tuesday 20 November 2018
2018 CONFERENCE HIGHLIGHTS INCLUDED:
- A dedicated demand response workshop for energy efficiency professionals
- High quality networking opportunities and debate
- The latest product and service innovations at the industry exhibition
- The National Energy Efficiency Awards and Gala Dinner
- Presentations and panel discussions with 11 international and more than 50 local leaders, innovators and energy users.
AN INSPIRING LINE UP OF INTERNATIONAL SPEAKERS AND AUSTRALIA'S MOST INFLUENTIAL LEADERS, INNOVATIVE THINKERS AND EFFICIENCY EXPERTS JOINED US IN MELBOURNE, INCLUDING:
- International keynote speakers Professor Peter Hennicke, Former President of the Wuppertal Insitute on Climate, Environment and Energy, and Matt Golden, CEO of Californian Firm Open Energy Efficiency
- Political armchair discussion with The Hon. Mark Butler MP, Federal Shadow Minister for Climate Change and Energy, Senator Tim Storer, Independent Federal Senator for South Australia, and Monica Barone, CEO of City of Sydney
- High profile presentations and panel discussions with:
- 9 international buildings experts from the IEA EBC: Dr Takao Sawachi, Vice President, Building Research Institute (Japan), David Nemtzow, Building Technologies Office Director, Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy, Dr Alexander Zhivov, Senior Research Engineer, Energy Branch US Army Corps of Engineers ERDC – CERL, Prof Sergio Vega, Professor, Technical University of Madrid (Spain), Prof Per Heiselberg, Professor, Aalborg University (Denmark), Dr Peter Holzer, Senior Researcher and Partner, Institute of Building Research (Austria),Prof Bjarne Olesen, Professor, Technical University of Denmark (Denmark), Prof Liam O'Brien, Associate Professor in Architectural Conservation and Sustainability Engineering, Carleton University (Canada), Dr Ian Hamilton, Reader in Energy Epidemiology, University College London (UK).
- Home-grown leaders and innovators and energy, including: Emma Herd, Chief Executive Officer, Investor Group on Climate Change, Dr Cassandra Goldie, Chief Executive Officer, Australian Council of Social Service, Ken Morrison, Chief Executive Officer, Property Council of Australia, Romilly Madew, Chief Executive Officer, Green Building Council of Australia, and many more...
Click here to download the conference handbook.
Click here to download all speakers' presentations.
WHO ATTENDED THE NATIONAL ENERGY EFFICIENCY CONFERENCE 2018?
Efficiency providers - energy users - demand management experts - industry consultants - sustainability managers - policy makers - project managers - efficiency engineers - product manufacturers & distributors - technology innovators - energy services companies - researchers - not-for-profits - corporate energy managers - building owners and managers.
GALA DINNER & NATIONAL ENERGY EFFICIENCY AWARDS 2018
The National Energy Efficiency Awards 2018 celebrated excellence, innovation and leadership in energy efficiency.
The winners of the National Energy Efficiency Awards 2018 were unveiled at the gala dinner, on the evening Monday 19 November 2019. All the winners can be viewed here.
We extend warm thanks to our Conference sponsors, whose generous support made the National Energy Efficiency Conference 2018 possible.
Gala Dinner Sponsor
The National Energy Efficiency Conference has grown to be one of Australia's most dynamic and high quality energy sector conferences.
The series began as the Energy Efficiency Council National Conference, with the inaugural event taking place in Melbourne in 2009. It was relaunched as the National Energy Efficience Conference in 2014 and continues to provide a key opportunity for efficiency experts, policy makers and energy users to come together to discuss the big issues facing the sector in Australia.
NATIONAL ENERGY EFFICIENCY CONFERENCE 2017
The National Energy Efficiency Conference 2017 was held at Pulman & Mercure Melbourne, Albert Park on the 20-21 November 2017. Click here to read more.
National Energy Efficiency Conference 2016
The National Energy Efficiency Conference 2016 was held at Australian Technology Park on the Park on 15-16 November 2016. Click here to read more.
National Energy Efficiency Conference 2015
The National Energy Efficiency Conference 2015 was held at Pullman Melbourne on the Park on 17-18 November 2015. Click here to read more.
National Energy Efficiency Conference 2014
The National Energy Efficiency Conference 2014 was held at Swissotel Sydney on 11-12 November 2014. Click here to read more.
Energy Efficiency Council National Conference 2013
The Energy Efficiency Council's 5th National Conference was held at Rydges Melbourne on 3 - 4 December 2013. Click here to read more.
Energy Efficiency Council National Conference 2012
The Energy Efficiency Council's 4th National Conference was held in Sydney on 5-6 December 2012. Click here to read more.
Energy Efficiency Council National Conference 2011
The Energy Efficiency Council's 3rd National Conference was held at Hiton on the Park, Melbourne on 17 November 2011. Click here to read more.
Energy Efficiency Council National Conference 2010
The Energy Efficiency Council National Conference 2010 took place on 2 December at Sydney Masonic Centre. Click here to read more.
Energy Efficiency Council National Conference 2009
The inaugural EEC National Conference took place on 12 November 2009 at Rydges Melbourne. Click here to read more.